08 February 2012

Year 2, Day 39 (I Will Be Heading Home Soon)

Today has been a long day. Once I got loaded in Morristown, TN (yesterday), I made my way toward Monett, MO. Unfortunately, I sat in the dock door waiting to get loaded during the shift change (which took about 45 minutes), which cut into my driving time. I made it as far as Paducah, KY before I shut down. At that point I still had about 20 minutes left to drive, but I knew there would be no place to park along the way. I parked in the parking lot of a mall there in Paducah, which offered a bit of solitude, plus there was a Starbucks inside (yes, I paid them a visit this morning before I left).

I started driving about 0930 this morning, and just arrived at the customer here in Monett about 10 minutes ago. There were a few stops I made along the way, Though I tried to keep the time at each stop as minimal as possible. I received word a little while ago that once I am unloaded, I'm to head home. This has been a long 5 weeks, and I am very ready to go home. I may (if time permits) make one last stop at Starbucks along the way, to get my (as some may call it) "froo-froo" coffee drink.

My sincerest apologies for the tardiness of this post... though I am getting better in keeping my deadlines (I hope).

No comments: