22 October 2012

Year 2, Day 283 (Heading North)

I finally made it in and out of one of my least favorite states: Louisiana. I delivered yesterday in Robert (just east of Baton Rouge), and picked up this morning in Arabi (just outside of New Orleans). They really do have a lot of roads in bad shape... so much so, that I think the 1/4 gallon of milk I had left in the refrigerator has been churned into butter. Just as well, I was running a little low anyway.

I still have 2 1/2 weeks left on this trip out, and I am hoping to get something this Friday that will send me up to Washington state... I really need to get my bike fixed so I can start riding it again (my front brakes are in need of repair). As I make to way to Salem, MO I have the a/c blowing, and the music playing.

What I really need is some decent coffee, not that swill that Pilot tries to pass off as coffee.

No comments: