05 October 2012

Year 2, Day 266 (The Torah Cycle Re-Starts)

As the Sabbath approaches, so does the end of the Torah cycle. This last potion of the Torah is the only one that is not read on the Sabbath, but instead next Tuesday, on Simkat Torah (the giving of the Torah), the commemoration of when Moses received the Torah from HaShem on Mt. Sinai. The next Sabbath, 13 October, will be the reading from Parashah Beresheit (the first portion, also known as beginning in Genesis 1:1). Now that I have all the volumes for Daily Dose of Torah (series 1), I'll be able to keep up more with the various commentaries (there were a few times that I was on the road when a volume came in, so I had missed on a few days, sometimes a full week, of commentary). As such, I am contemplating the launch of a once weekly blog post, possibly called Journey Through Torah, or something like that.

Have a blessed Sabbath!

No comments: