13 January 2011

The Road Scholar - Day 13


Here I am in Marion, AR where the temperature is 18°. Marion is really nothing more than an extension of W. Memphis, which, itself, is just across the Mississippi River from Memphis. Where I am parked is a truck parking area, on the northbound side of I-55, just north if I-40. Many years ago this used to be a (sometime) working weigh station. Across the freeway, on the southbound side, I can see the trucks trolling through that weigh station of which its law enforcement personnel are standing out in the cold, monitoring the passing trucks, and even waving in a few randomly selected for an inspection. The freeway is humming with a moderate traffic flow. There's still the evidence of a recent snowfall on the ground, and the side streets are basically lifeless.
The day has been a bit taxing, so forgive me that this post is lean of content. I'm off to bed. I'm sure I'll make it up to you on the morrow.

No comments: